I snarfed this idea, in which she lists her recent meals, from my friend Jamey over at Modern Conjure. My first feeding the muse post is here. It’s been a while, so I thought I’d post some of the things I’ve eaten (and bothered to take pictures) in the last two months…if my track record serves any purpose–the Muse likes it when I *don’t* eat so much.
top row, left to right:
- a homemade meyer lemon bar. best lemon bar i’ve ever made.
- dry fried green beans + tofu over rice. this is my new obsession.
- the BluePrint Cleanse juices. good stuff.
- cafe du monde beignets.
second row from top, left to right:
- crawfish + dungeness crab boil in New Orleans.
- fried green tomato and shrimp remoulade ‘po boy from crabby jack’s. quite possibly the most delicious sandwich i have ever eaten. btw, i hate sandwiches.
- stuffed flounder topped with crawfish sauce and crab. triplet cardiac threat!
- roasted trout over napa cabbage and scallions. based on Whitney Chen’s “fearlessly roast (and eat) a whole fish recipe. i used mirin + soy sauce. so healthy so tasty so good.
third row from top, left to right:
- my first bread–King Arthur extra sour sourdough bread. kind of a meh success. the crumb could have been a lot better.
- yuki guni ramen from ippudo. miso based ramen with cheese! yes.
- pomme frites. from pomme frites. best french fries ever. i love french fries.
- homemade spaghetti carbonara. so good. i’m making this again. why did i wait so long to make spaghetti carbonara? ohyah. it’s because i generally dislike pork.
bottom row, left to right:
- my first juice out of my new juicer. made from kale, celery, cucumber, sorrel, parsley, lemon, apple, and kiwi. super yum. and super virtuous. it took my going to NYC to become a hippie who loves yoga and juicing.
- chaat at vik’s in Berkeley: lamb roti on the left for the hubby, and masala dosa on the right for me. (offscreen: pani puri, bhel puri, and samosa).
- praline from tee eva’s. sugarrrrr.
- “Lin-sational” Baller dessert at NYC’s dessert club. it has *bananas* in it. /palmface. i technically did not eat this. but i had a taste. it was decent. even though i was eating an “Asian banana” dessert (get it? yellow on the outside, white on the–*shaking my head*).
I also ate a good amount of Shake Shack burgers and many other delicious things.