Some links I want to share:
- Alex Chee has Part 1 of “100 Things About A Novel” up on his blog, Koreanish. If you are a friend of a writer, please note numbers 16 and 17. (i.e., in my own words: don’t ask us how that novel is going–we’ll let you know when we’re ready to talk about it. And when we want to talk about it, get REALLY EXCITED FOR US!)
- In related news, my favorite videoclip of all time is the following from “Family Guy” (it used to be my cellphone ringer). Writers and friends of writers the world over will wince and chuckle at Brian’s novel (“How’s uh…how’s that novel coming along…nice little narrative, beginning and end, yah? Some enemies become friends, friends become enemies… yah?You know, that novel you’ve been working on for..uh…3 years?”)
- Meghan asks if an MFA is really necessary over at Writerland
- Nova doesn’t talk about her novel-in-progress.
- Jackson Bliss is undaunted by rejections–I want whatever you’re drinking, brother!
- Edwidge Danticat, Haitian American writer, has a tragic and beautiful essay in the New Yorker on Haiti, her family, and the earthquake.
- The shiba inu puppycam is back! New litter. Cuteness. It will make you forget about all your problems. Better than drugs.
- Janet Reid, literary agent, provides a chart on what you need before you query.