Links and odds and ends, to share…
- Yo, writers of color…VONA is an amazing, lifechanging experience for writers of color. I highly recommend this writers conference. Application deadline is April 7, 2010.
- A bit of advice from Mat Johnson to book club readers.
- Despite having an MFA, you still have to sit down and do the work. Lots of work: an LA Times article on writing career.
- Take care of your body, and your body will take care of you. Olympic athlete and ice dancer Tanith Belbin decides to take care of her body and voila: it begins to perform. This only reminds me of how I used to starve myself to maintain a size 4, and wondered why it was I was always tired, depressed, and unable to focus on my schoolwork. Duh.
- Alex Chee’s “100 Things About A Novel, Part 3
- Top 100 Writing Blogs