- Intern’s list of the “Ten Best Things You Can Do For Your Novel”
- Joy Castro hits the nail on the head with a letter addressed, “Dear Hegemony”
- Speaking of hegemony…Jackson Bliss bravely iterates his encounters with the literary hegemony; he received a litmag rejection that states, “I don’t see why race matters here…”
- Michael Chabon gives his take on the Bay Area lit scene; so refreshing in a world that is all, “NYC NYC NYC!” (I love New York City, but it can’t be the only place in the world for writers).
- It’s writing colony season and thus the following is a perfectly timed and comprehensive blog post by Nova, on Writers Colonies. And ahem, yours truly contributed to the post about my time at Hedgebrook.
- Since it’s writing colony season, might as well dredge up a guest post I wrote over at Writerland about various writing residencies and conferences.