Drifting House Giveaway: Winner!

Scarlet and Ziggy reading "Drifting House" by Krys Lee

There is now a winner of the Drifting House giveaway..!

Seeing as how I’m still a bit decrepit from my mega-cold (oh, plus there’s no water in my building today! booyah!), I didn’t do a video, but here’s a pseudo-live-blog of the drawing:

12:30pm: Ooh! Time to pick a winner!
12:40pm: Wait. Too early. The drawing ends at 1:00pm.
12:45pm: Last minute tweet urging people to enter the giveaway.

1:15pm: Ooh! Time to pick a winner!
1:16pm: Seriously. Why did only 4 people enter this giveaway? It never ceases to amaze me how some books get 70+ entries, and others less than 10. Please buy this book.
1:20pm: I normally would enter names in a spreadsheet in the order of comment. But ahem, seeing as there are only 4 (y’all got a 25% chance of winning!) here they are:
1. redjim99
2. Alvin
3. Heather
4. Laura

1:30pm: Bring up random.org. Instruct it to enter a number between 1 and 4.
1:31pm: Time to pick a random number!
*drum roll please*
*ongoing drum roll*
*some more drum roll*
(well, more like the sound of my husband frying up some bacon for lunch).

1:33pm: And the winning number is 3! HEATHER!

Winner of the Drifting House book giveaway is commenter 3, which is...Heather!

Heather’s comment was:
“The book had me at “snow devoured.” Also, if the wiener dogs enjoyed reading it, then I’m sure I will, as well. :)”

*cymbal clash!*

Congratulations to Heather–and thank you for supporting the Drifting House giveaway, and Krys Lee. I hope all of you who wanted a copy and didn’t win, still manage to find yourselves a copy. Thank you!

1:40pm: Start thinking about the number 3, and start craving Tres Leches cake. Dammit.

***Stay tuned for more giveaways in the upcoming days and weeks! Upcoming giveaways:

Advertisements

7 Comments

Filed under Giveaway, Reading

7 responses to “Drifting House Giveaway: Winner!

  1. Aw man! Well, congrats, Heather. I’ll sit over here representing the 75% while you go off with your new book and your elitist, 25% ways. 🙂

  2. christine, i am so excited to read this. it’s been awhile since i’ve dug into a novel, and one where the first line hit me so hard. yay!

  3. I hope you all manage to find yourselves a copy! 🙂

    @Heather: I’ll ship you the book either tomorrow or Friday.

  4. 25% Chance of winning – 75% chance of losing. Oh well, maybe next time. 🙂

    Jim

  5. Alvin

    Congratulations, Heather. And now I’ll have to find myself a copy over the weekend.

  6. Pingback: Drifting House giveaway! (and a quickie interview) | 80,000 words

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s